Sunday, September 30, 2012

Most Precious



I stood as a tree,
You came to me,
You asked for fruits and wood,
I gave you all I could.
You craved for more,
The wood I wore,
So you took my breath,
And gave me death,

The earth hugged me,
From your greed, I was free,
But you searched for me again,
Once more for your gain,

For my carcass was now,
The coal ready for your stove,
And you burned me dead,
To warm yourself for bed,

The little of me that you left,
Spoils of your bit of theft,
Got still deeper inside the earth,
And baked in the earth’s hearth,

You searched once more for me,
And on finding me you were glee,
For then I was the diamond rare,
One and unique without a pair,


Now when you look at me with wonder,
I would advise you to ponder,
And give your life a worth and a meaning,
And get to work rather than dreaming,

Get wet in rain and bask in the sun,
Turn your worries into challenge and fun,
Open your mind and let people see,
That you are much more precious than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment